Sunday, July 19, 2015

Take Notice!

Today is a new day!

From this day forward

I will not serve with the oppressed who are behaving like the oppressor
I will not serve with those who attack demean, degrade, disrespect, dishonor, marginalize, demonize homosexuals
I will check you if you refer to me as Sis. Tawana while serving in a clergy, ordained, religious capacity
I will not entertain those who use the Bible as the belt to beat another down with one's limiting beliefs
I Love Jesus and will not dismiss those who believe in Allah, Muhammad, Yahweh, Buddha... and if you are one of those Jesus is the only way folk who dismisses others because of their beliefs then you will be dismissed ~ I will not longer rock with you
If you dehumanize the homeless, gang members, poor... I will no longer walk side-by-side with you
If you think more highly of yourself than you ought I will pray for you as I walk away wiping the dust off my feet
I will speak Truth to power
I will have unconditional positive regard for others
I will Love like never before because without it, I might as well be the tag hanging off of my new dress ~ states a high price but is worth nothing
I will Love the Lord our G-d with all my heart, soul and mind AND Love my neighbor as myself
My gay neighbor
My homeless neighbor
My poor neighbor
My gangster neighbor
My incarcerated neighbor
My white neighbor
My Jewish neighbor
My Black male neighbor
This is the day, I serve notice to all those who dehumanize, deculturalize, desexualize, demoralize, demonize in the name of Jesus!

Signed,
The Black Woman, Reverend, womanist, existentialist, heterosexual, multi-faith/multi-cultural/homosexual/gang and former gang-member loving Tawana Davis

Consider yourselves served!!!

P.S. Please note, I will speak Truth to power and call you out in Love and in the name of Jesus. No hate, no shade, no disdain... Just won't rock with you anymore! Love ya!

P.P.S. I am not a social media gangster so don't worry, I will call you out to your face and if it warrants a comment that is for the good of the order I will share on social media and from the pulpit with to goal of speaking life to those who were subject to your hate and to encourage others to do justice, Love mercy, and walk humbly with G-d.

No comments:

Post a Comment